Get Excited About a Met: Hizzoner
Until today, Mets pitcher Hisanori "Hizzoner" Takahashi had not allowed a run in eight innings of work, striking out 10 and walking nada.
And as I write this, of courses, he is throwing up a 3 inning 4 run performance against the Gnats.
|Well, it looks like Hizzoner will be presiding over the bullpen snack backpack|
for the time being.
1. a good deal younger than Ken Takahashi
2. has 6 (six)! pitches.
3. related to point 2, has a man named Rod as an admirer
4. related to point 3, this Rod projects him as a number 3 starter!
5. is Japanese, and Japanese players+Mets=Fun!
He has so many damn pitches at his command, the New York Times had to make a graphic to help us grasp the enormity of this fact.
(Clockwise from upper left:)
1. "Take the picture already"
2. Eephus pitch!
3. "Wait, Jerry is signaling me to bunt--but we're not up!?"
4. "Get me the other Takahashi"
5. "Cut fastball, in the nutsack"
6. “Ko-ko wa do-ko? Wa-ta-shi wa da-reh?” Na-ni mo wah-kah-nai.”