It's Mets For Me: Off-Beat, Tangentially Relevant Mets Ruminations

Off Base Since 2005! Mets commentary from the counter-intuitive to the unintuitive and all the intuitives in between. ** "Through the use of humor and gross inaccuracy...a certain truth can be gained." Rob Perri ** (pester me at:itsmetsforme@gmail.com or follow me @itsmetsforme on twitter)

Saturday, May 02, 2009

Looks Like its Ollie's Night in Buffalo

http://thesportsroadtrip.wnymedia.net/blogs/files/2008/09/bisons5977.jpg
Oliver Perez will be buying dinner for a new mascot soon

Well that was another fine mess you've gotten us into, Ollie. What is there to say about this?

Well Cora played well. Takahashi looked ok, but that will not last long. Santos has lost his shine in my opinion, as I really don't understand why players, fifth string catchers trying to stick with the team even, no longer feel that bowling over the catcher to make him drop the ball and win a big game against a rival is a realistic option. When is the last time a Met ran someone down who was in the basepaths? I bet you'd have to go back to the last decade.

Frankly, I'm too exhausted to talk about this game, since I spent my day incoherently spouting off here, and here. A slink off loss. We're used to it by now.


https://secure.nypost.com/seven/02032009/photos/ollie23.jpg
Oliver buttons his shirt like a big boy!

Frankly we have no one to blame except Omar. This was his stupid stupid move. The only good option is to circumvent his agent and wage psychological war on Perez hoping to somehow trick him into declaring free agency.

And I have to admit, Ollie is lessening my outrage by saying things like this:

...a red-faced Perez, now sporting a 9.97 ERA after landing a three-year, $36 million deal in the offseason, indicated he wouldn't put up a roadblock to his second demotion since 2006

"If I need it, then I have to go [to the minors], because right now I don't help my team," said Perez, who was similarly demoted by the Pirates after a woeful start three years ago. "Right now, I don't feel I'm doing my job."

Yes, Oliver, you're a bad boy. Why doesn't someone, I dunno, take him aside and teach him how to pitch?

Well, what can I say that's good about Ollie? I do not, as of this writing, hate him as much as I did Steve Trachsel.

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2007/scorecard/02/13/truth.rumors.mlb/trachsel.jpg

Who is going to replace Oliver in the rotation? Does it really matter?

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 5:04 AM, Anonymous jdon said…

    The answer to your question, I think, is Ty Wigginton, who was one of the best I have ever seen at vaporizing catchers blocking home plate. I think catchers have an unwrittten agreement not to do it to one another

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
This blog is meant completely and entirely in jest, unless you count the angst, and is not meant to offend anyone, unless you are a Br*ves fan. It's not affiliated with Sterling, the Mets, common sense, good taste, or anything really.