It's Mets For Me: Off-Beat, Tangentially Relevant Mets Ruminations

Off Base Since 2005! Mets commentary from the counter-intuitive to the unintuitive and all the intuitives in between. ** "Through the use of humor and gross inaccuracy...a certain truth can be gained." Rob Perri ** (pester me at:itsmetsforme@gmail.com or follow me @itsmetsforme on twitter)

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Mets Mail One In, This Fan Returns to Sender

I didn't watch a minute of tonight's game. Yeah, I was really busy, and yah I peeked at the gameday score. But otherwise, I was in FULL ON PROTEST MODE.

Is it too early to break out my old graphics? I think not. If the Mets are going to recycle 2007 and 2008, then I sure as shit won't kill myself on the googles.
[end+is+near+b.JPG]

So I shall post nary a comment on last night's game against the Cardinals. I am only here to share a couple of video links pathetically stolen from other blogs, one for you comedy buffs which needs no explanation. I took it from the 'Ropolitans who got if from some Philly blog, so hat tip to the Ropolitans and nothing for the rest of them. It's just goddamn funny to watch.

murphail01

And for you history buffs, a speech Bobby V gave concerning some of the more interesting, behind the scenes, mustached moments in his Mets career. I saw it somewhere but can't remember where. It turns out, it was all Robin's fault. I loved Robin Ventura.

Labels: ,

13 Comments:

  • At 2:53 AM, Anonymous JDON said…

    I will comment on one thing, as I was watching the Rangers and Caps most of the night and flipping back and forth. I did see Ramon Castro refuse to block the plate with the PITCHER coming down the line from third. Is this the final indignity? THESE GUYS JUST DON'T CARE.

     
  • At 9:41 AM, Blogger Jaap said…

    excellent video of Murph, the poor bastid.

     
  • At 12:15 PM, Anonymous Keyser said…

    Mets are down 7-2 today. I think they've given up. Maybe a series with the Nats will get their confidence back up, but God fobid they go down by 2 runs in a game, because then you can kiss the series goodbye.

    I just don't get it. I understand the starting pitching problems, but they should be scoring more runs. They have enough hitters on this team to score more runs than they have been scoring.

     
  • At 2:01 PM, Blogger I.M. Forme said…

    i don't get it either, other than they are featuring the same team from last year so we shouldn't be suprised. I am now wondering about the immediate future of the club, i.e., will omar make an actual in-season appearance/statement, will omar make some regrettable panic moves, and will they even be regrettable for fans so fed up with the "underperformance" of this particular configuration of met players. I guess it is likely that the front office will wait and see, since all the mistakes IMO were made this winter and are hard to fix now.

     
  • At 2:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I've got two words to think about as a solution to the scoring runs problem: Bobby Bonilla

     
  • At 2:15 PM, Blogger I.M. Forme said…

    he's still smiling, and he's still on the payroll, so why not?

     
  • At 2:38 PM, Anonymous jdon said…

    Omar

     
  • At 5:21 PM, Anonymous jdon said…

    Sigh....why can't the NFL begin playing a 30 game season in May?

     
  • At 5:16 AM, Anonymous cver said…

    If you look back at the game or remember, the thing that pissed me off the most was after Church survived his baserunning blunder and then advanced to 3rd on a grounder with 2 out ín the 9th and a 4 run deficit after the shitty play the team had been exhibiting. Shines and Church do a little fist pump and have a laugh. They should be mad at themselves and not acting all casual about it and like they're having a good time being mugged. Sorry, but the Mets 09 motto seems like it is "Just lay there and don't struggle. It will be easier that way."

     
  • At 9:33 AM, Blogger I.M. Forme said…

    i do remember that cver. i assumed the laughter was due to:
    Razor laughing because he is somehow employed in major league baseball, and
    nervous laughter from Church not sure who Razor was, why the guy was laughing, or where he was exactly.

     
  • At 10:30 AM, Anonymous jdon said…

    He clearly does not know what the batting order is, so maybe he thought the Mets were winning at that point? I did not think Willie was a sharp manager. I think when Jerry took over last year he let these guys do their thing and it worked for awhile, because he was not Willie. Eventually they reverted to form and blew it. This year Jerry has no plan. Just like last year. But they are not helping, not even a little bit.

     
  • At 3:42 PM, Anonymous jdon said…

    Here's a thought. Is there a manager out there who could come in here and get in the face of a Reyes or Wright or Delgado or Beltran? They would just ignore him or complain to Omar. There is no hierarchy in this organization. The inmates run the asylum.

     
  • At 1:26 PM, Anonymous cver said…

    Well, they got on a mini-roll and then, it was the same ol' same ol, when not so good and not so ol' Ollie gave it up again and we really blew brontosaurus pud once again against the lowly Gnats. The Mets forgot to put on some gnat repellent.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
This blog is meant completely and entirely in jest, unless you count the angst, and is not meant to offend anyone, unless you are a Br*ves fan. It's not affiliated with Sterling, the Mets, common sense, good taste, or anything really.