It's Mets For Me: Off-Beat, Tangentially Relevant Mets Ruminations

Off Base Since 2005! Mets commentary from the counter-intuitive to the unintuitive and all the intuitives in between. ** "Through the use of humor and gross inaccuracy...a certain truth can be gained." Rob Perri ** (pester me at:itsmetsforme@gmail.com or follow me @itsmetsforme on twitter)

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Mets win with ETC. line-up

The image “http://www.operationterra.com/News/Archive/blueprint.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

Last night was an odd night for Mets fans.

The manager managed (or at least sent the righthanded rejects in to relieve the regular clowns).
The stopper stopped.
The set up man set up.
The closer closed.

All those happy, unfamiliar chemicals making their way around our brains were no doubt due to Johan's ballsy K of Uggla in the 5th, Castillo's spear of that deadly shot up the middle in the 7th, Dirty's vintage 8th, Big Mouth Billy's clean 9th.

But it is also undeniable that Nick Evans (makes left field interesting), Fernando "Da Plane" Tatis, (2 singles, 2 RBI’s), Ramon "HEAD" Castro (2 for 3, 2 RBI’s), and Damon "I could retire just as" Easley, otherwise known as "The Blueprint" have breathed life into this sad crew of rich, complacent athletes. The Mets "Reject Row", aka ETC (Easley, Tatis, Castro) accounted for ALL the Mets rib eye steaks. Put that in your hat and smoke it.

I watched the game on tape (literally on VCR tape) with hopes of fast-forwarding through the pain quickly but the evil geniuses at SNY foiled my plans by introducing yet another innovation--the Mex cam. Sitting Keith behind the plate and letting him wave his hands and talk was a stroke of genius, even though it took away from the number of unflattering shots of Willie we usually enjoy.

Someone "gets" me.

In the process of continuing his jihad/publicity stunt against "bloggers"Buzz Bissinger has helped me refocus on my core product (swiped from CSTB):

I think most blogs are used to make idiotic comments that they think are funny. To me it shows that they need to do something else with their lives because they have way too much time on their hands.

There is one big difference to what I did on Costas Now and bloggers. I didn’t hide behind anything. I didn’t hide behind some silly email handle or some silly name. I was myself. That was my name. My email is public and that’s a big difference. Blogs should insist that people use their real names. Would they still get the same amount of hits if they are really for change?

Post whatever you want but you gotta use your real name and it’s gotta be verified.

They’ll never do it because it’s a money game, let’s face it. The more posts you get, the more hits you get, the more money you make. That’s not just to entertain us. That’s also to make money.

Deadspin is in it to make money.

Whoa, money? Hiding behind silly names making idiotic comments that I think are funny. How did Buzz get his hands on my business plan? Of course, I draw the line at profiting from my efforts.

3 Comments:

  • At 8:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'll be at both Monday and Tuesday games at AT&T park. Looks like I'll get to see OP and Pedro. Should be interesting.

    BTW, Loran16 is a kid, right? Lives in his mom's basement?

     
  • At 10:41 PM, Blogger I.M. Forme said…

    Hey YB, Great that you'll see Pedro especially since one never knows if he'll be seen again. I'm going to the east coast to say goodbye to Shea in early June. They'll either be back in the hunt, or perhaps I'll get to see the new manager up close.

    No comment on that chat room, which was ruined for me as it has been for countless others by the young bandwagon-type faction of the moderators who are destroying it with reactionary zeal, despite the claims of non-censorship that dot the facade of the otherwise enjoyable blog that sponsors it. I won't be back.

    Check out Amazin Avenue's in-game thread which is run more reasonably, and generally attracts a more knowledgeable crowd anyhow.

     
  • At 9:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thanks for the heads up! I'll be in NY at the end of June, beginning of July, so maybe I'll head over to cranky old Shea for my own farewell. I'll definitely head back in 2009 to see the new park!

    I thought the mets coming to SF would be good tonic, but the Giants are actually better than I thought. The Mets definitely lost out when they didn't sign Benji Molina--easily the best hitting catcher in the NL, and without all the passed balls that seem to plague our boy Schneider.

    Enjoy NY!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
This blog is meant completely and entirely in jest, unless you count the angst, and is not meant to offend anyone, unless you are a Br*ves fan. It's not affiliated with Sterling, the Mets, common sense, good taste, or anything really.