It's Mets For Me: Off-Beat, Tangentially Relevant Mets Ruminations

Off Base Since 2005! Mets commentary from the counter-intuitive to the unintuitive and all the intuitives in between. ** "Through the use of humor and gross inaccuracy...a certain truth can be gained." Rob Perri ** (pester me at:itsmetsforme@gmail.com or follow me @itsmetsforme on twitter)

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Mets Get Much Needed Pelf Help


Art by IMFM
Basically, the Phils walked and booted this one to the Mets. Back up SS Bruntlett is probably being put in witness protection (from fans) as we speak. But as pappi always said, when they're running you out of town, get in front and make it look like a parade. In other words, we'll take it. The bad? The Mets were out hit by Philadelphia and left an astounding 21 men on base. The good? Mike got down with his bad Pelf, in a good way, and turned in a solid performance, though he still needs to learn something about the pitch economy. But with El Duque (Spanish for "setback"?) back deeper on the shelf, Pelf needs to chomp his way to some quality starts. Sosa and Muniz looked good, and Feliciano just looked. Damion "The Exorcist" Easley needs to get Scott Bora$' digits because he is flat out strapping this team to his back and carrying it to victory. Ok that's a bit of an overstatement. But Easley always looks so unaffected by whatever the team's current malaise happens to be, I can't help but like him. I guess it's not everyday you can say "hey, that pagan looks good in the two hole" and not draw raised eyebrows.


the secret of our sucess?
Amazingly, this series can still be taken. If the real Maine shows up tonight. The feeling that a Rollins-less Phillie team is a sitting duck is hard to ignore. Strategy: Hit it to Bruntlett.

Meanwhile in the SNY booth, things are getting strange. And by strange, I mean Keith's outfit last night. It screamed "I'm Keith Hernandez" as loud as can be imagined. Well, if I was the the best defensive first baseman in MLB history, who definitely belongs in the Hall, I'd probably go for the Joker look too if I damn well pleased. I'm too lazy to photoshop these together but you get the idea.


Keith in Seinfeld days.


Closest thing to jacket worn in SNY booth yesterday--->
BallHype: hype it up!

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

  • At 5:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Funny you mention that during the game I sent a message to SNY: Ask the Booth and queried Keith about where I could get a Willie Wonka Suit too, but they never addressed my question on the air (surprise, surprise).

    Joe W

     
  • At 6:40 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Keith has been hanging out a lot with his new buddy- Walt Clyde Frazier.. I guess Clyde is teaching Keith how to dress while filming their Just For Men commercials..

     
  • At 6:57 AM, Blogger metsnyc said…

    I knew you'd pick up on the suit, too funny!

     
  • At 7:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    he looks like gene wilder playing willy wonka in charlie and the chocolate factory

     
  • At 8:37 AM, Blogger MP said…

    I'm glad I wasn't the only one who noticed it.

    Purple blazer, tan vest, blue striped tie - we need a screengrab.

     
  • At 9:10 AM, Blogger I.M. Forme said…

    with Omar in the booth, it looked like Easter.

    i wish i was as secure enough in my manliness to dress like a pimp-clown. But again, if I could turn two as easy as falling out of bed, maybe i'd take more sartorial chances. Mex is, as always, an inspiration.

    On the other hand, I suspect Mex has signed a secret endorsement deal with Michelob and was trying to rewrite history as he said he enjoyed it AFTER the game. Whatever, Keith, maybe Mich was your post game preference, but we all know you drank Bud during the games.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
This blog is meant completely and entirely in jest, unless you count the angst, and is not meant to offend anyone, unless you are a Br*ves fan. It's not affiliated with Sterling, the Mets, common sense, good taste, or anything really.