It's Mets For Me: Off-Beat, Tangentially Relevant Mets Ruminations

Off Base Since 2005! Mets commentary from the counter-intuitive to the unintuitive and all the intuitives in between. ** "Through the use of humor and gross inaccuracy...a certain truth can be gained." Rob Perri ** (pester me at:itsmetsforme@gmail.com or follow me @itsmetsforme on twitter)

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

What's Shaking? Not Jose Reyes



Finally, some real news.




From ESPN:

"No more handshakes. People kept saying we got teams fired up when we did those handshakes, so now I want to focus more on baseball," Reyes said, according to Newsday.

...

"Nobody said anything to me, but it's because of what happened last year," Reyes said, according to Newsday. "That's why I'm taking this year more seriously. In 2006, everybody loved [the handshakes], but now it's different. I'm going to enjoy the game, but I'm not going to do the handshakes with the guys. I don't want people to talk about that. I just want to play baseball. I want to take care of business on the field."


I know there are different opinions, but this just made me cringe last year. This gives me a sense of relief not unlike the trade of Roberto Alomar. Now Jose can save his energy for running out base hits. And Carlos Delgado can get back to his notebook.

The image “http://men.style.com/slideshows/mens/standalone/gq/fashion/1206/mets/00003f.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.
Jose Reyes...he's serious now.

BallHype: hype it up!

6 Comments:

  • At 3:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey IMFM - I remember you... what are all these posts about making cash? I thought you were a non-profit organization. A very, very, non profit?

     
  • At 9:47 AM, Blogger I.M. Forme said…

    conzy where you been?

    new wife won't let you visit sites like mine?

     
  • At 9:48 AM, Blogger I.M. Forme said…

    or do i just need to post pouty pictures of Jose Reyes more often?

     
  • At 10:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Pouty Jose is def. a draw. I've become swamped at work so posting during my "spare time" has become harder. But I plan on being totally delinquent come April. Maybe I'll actually try to contribute tripe to your site again.

     
  • At 6:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    So now Clemens attorney says that Clemens might have been at Canseco's party, now that photos have materialized. Keep in mind that his attorney's name is Rusty Hard On. That is practically an admission of guilt right there.

     
  • At 11:50 AM, Blogger I.M. Forme said…

    and it looks like the Needler's lawyers are making a move to get that Boner off of Roidger's team.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
This blog is meant completely and entirely in jest, unless you count the angst, and is not meant to offend anyone, unless you are a Br*ves fan. It's not affiliated with Sterling, the Mets, common sense, good taste, or anything really.