It's Mets For Me: Off-Beat, Tangentially Relevant Mets Ruminations

Off Base Since 2005! Mets commentary from the counter-intuitive to the unintuitive and all the intuitives in between. ** "Through the use of humor and gross inaccuracy...a certain truth can be gained." Rob Perri ** (pester me at:itsmetsforme@gmail.com or follow me @itsmetsforme on twitter)

Sunday, December 23, 2007

Happy Holidays from IMFM


Hey it's almost the end of another year and time to thank all of you who stop by to ogle this car wreck. You have more than 109.2 million blogs to go to, and yet you come here. I don't know what's wrong with you. According to Technorati the "vast majority of blogs exist in a state of total or near-total obscurity" such that 99% get no hits in a year (link swiped from here). Put in that perspective, our little corner of the blogging world is among the elite. All this makes me realize that I have been blessed in my life, I've been blessed in my career, and I'm very thankful for those blessings.

Fans often ask why I refuse to invest in my blog, whether its using care in choosing my words, or paying for better quality web experience. Well, as of today, I am now paying for high speed internet so I hope you're happy. In 2008, I promise that I will use this new power in the same irresponsible and near shameful manner in which I use the English language and interweb images in the past. Hopefully the laughs will be faster and cheaper. You can expect many Youtube based gimmicks and the like, as I step up my efforts. For those of you who missed it, here's what an almost numb liar looks like.








May your holidays be on HGH, and may your new year be every bit as fun as this:





Just wondering...

What is the most shocking news of the off-season so far?
Omar lands Brian Schneider! for the mere cost of a prospect
John Maine can still fit into a size 3
Ramon Castro's Head not even mentioned in passing in the Mitchell Report
Sid Fernandez 2005 Comeback Special
Willie Randolph will manage the 2008 Mets
Billy Wagner lets Curt Shilling do all the talking on Clemens
It's the end of December and Livan Hernandez is still not a Met
Mets make questionable trade of affordable high-ceiling youngster for spare parts from a cellar dwelling team
Free polls from Pollhost.com

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

  • At 9:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    There is hardly anything I hate worse than reading all of this nonsense about the shiny new ballpark awaiting and Shea being an old dirty toilet, etc. It would be like writing that somebody's mother is fat and ugly and probably a lousy lay. Even if folks think that stuff, they should have a little class and keep it to themselves, because it is sacred ground.

     
  • At 10:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    So the rumors I heard about on CNBC were true. The IMFM/You Tube partnership has been consumated - congratulations!

     
  • At 12:44 AM, Blogger I.M. Forme said…

    yes buy my stock now...while you still can.

    when i would go to shea when i lived on the east coast, it took my breath away. it was a cathedral to me, but mostly because of the team and the scant memories of 80s greatness. I didn't want to miss a minute, so i never used the bathrooms there, which also might account for my good memories.

     
  • At 4:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    May the whole world find peace, beauty and tranquility in this most wonderful time of the year ... except for you, Rocket, may you rot in hell for all eternity for your cheating and lying ways.

     
  • At 10:49 AM, Blogger I.M. Forme said…

    Comments from Cver AND one from Vcarver! I'm blessed by a christmas miracle!

    Roger "Truth Dodger" Clemen's argument thus far:

    my family is suffering.

    LA Times was wrong before so this totally separate affair is also false.

    An interview with Mike Wallace on the irrelevant 60 Minutes tv program will exonerate him. (Hey Mike, ask him if he ever saw Pettite enhancing!)

    Christmas is coming so pity him even though he's really blessed.

    He didn't even say goodbye. But at least he's much more forthcoming now then say, the season when he beaned Mike Piazza then threw a bat shard at him. What a guy!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
This blog is meant completely and entirely in jest, unless you count the angst, and is not meant to offend anyone, unless you are a Br*ves fan. It's not affiliated with Sterling, the Mets, common sense, good taste, or anything really.