It's Mets For Me: Off-Beat, Tangentially Relevant Mets Ruminations

Off Base Since 2005! Mets commentary from the counter-intuitive to the unintuitive and all the intuitives in between. ** "Through the use of humor and gross inaccuracy...a certain truth can be gained." Rob Perri ** (pester me at:itsmetsforme@gmail.com or follow me @itsmetsforme on twitter)

Wednesday, July 04, 2007

What a Crockie!

Let me first mention that the Mets rotation has more bugs in it than Blogger TM Software. Suffice it to say, it took me 30 minutes to comment on my own blog today, and I'm making eyes at some other blog providers.

Now this ain't Archie Bunker's Army, but somehow this picture seemed to sum up what the Mets have in their "Vargas Girl." Apologies for the casual sexism, but hey, I didn't expect to be loosing this often, and am running out of material. And no one is reading this anyway. Plus, Vargas does kind of throw like a girl.


How would you like your runs served up, sweetie?

Think I'm being too hard on Vargas? Only the major league rule that games go 9 innings stopped Kaz Mat from hitting last night. How can we comprehend Vargas' performance? Well, say you finally got the job of your dreams. And say you show up for work on your first day at 1PM, drunk, wearing no pants, and having parked your car in the lobby. You take the office donut supply and use it to create pretend breasts for yourself. And then you take a shit squarely on the desk of your new boss. That about does it.


Red Sox and Bobby Valentine "form an alliance"



Besides sharing scouting reports, the clubs will exchange coaches, training staff and front-office personnel. Developing baseball in China and other Asian nations also will be part of the program.

Boston and the Chiba Lotte Marines of Japan's Pacific League will be sharing coaches. Sounds messy. Bobby, how could ya?

Craig Shipley, vice president of international scouting for the Red Sox, said Wednesday that Boston will be able to take advantage of Valentine's knowledge of Japanese baseball.
"Bobby Valentine's foresight, his vision, his knowledge of Japanese and American baseball is second to none," Shipley said.


I guess the Sawx never heard of Yoshii.

2 Comments:

  • At 3:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey man, I read your blog and I think it is sensational and I will continue to encourage folks to read it. I wonder if you saw my comment about Ricky in your Jo-Handled post. Anyway, we miss you over in the chatroom. Are you gonna go see the Mets/Dodgers? I know you had a bad experience last time. I might be down there -not sure. Anyway, Happy 4th and Lets Go Mets!

     
  • At 10:27 AM, Blogger I.M. Forme said…

    hi cver thanks for your comment. I did see your post and it was terrific; i have to get back on the chat so I can continue to exploit your titular excellence. I probably won't get back into the swing of things til August.

    i will be traveling during that series unfortunatly, but i hope that the mets can do something to erase the memories of that last series.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
This blog is meant completely and entirely in jest, unless you count the angst, and is not meant to offend anyone, unless you are a Br*ves fan. It's not affiliated with Sterling, the Mets, common sense, good taste, or anything really.