It's Mets For Me: Off-Beat, Tangentially Relevant Mets Ruminations

Off Base Since 2005! Mets commentary from the counter-intuitive to the unintuitive and all the intuitives in between. ** "Through the use of humor and gross inaccuracy...a certain truth can be gained." Rob Perri ** (pester me at:itsmetsforme@gmail.com or follow me @itsmetsforme on twitter)

Friday, July 13, 2007

RickeyShea!* Mets Get Down with a Victory over Cincy

Dear Omar Minaya,

Every season, you write me a letter to bring me up to speed and get me all excited about the coming season, and it occurs to me, never once have I written you back.

So I am returning the favor now, and I want to say one thing. Thanks for reading our fan boy (and girl) metsblogs so carefully, and making changes in accordance with our every wish. Er, I don't remember asking you for Marlon Anderson, but well there was that night we were pounding Jager and I don't remember much, other than waking up in a men's dress shirt that wasn't mine. Anyhow, what a day... let "fan-archy" reign dude!

I haven't had this much fun since Art Howe got fired, but decided to ride the season out anyway!

The media of course, have widely misquoted what Julio said upon his release. He really said that he was "unhappy with playing Father Time" but of course the beatwriters had to maliciously twist this to "unhappy with playing time," Why would he say something like that? That would be ridiculous. We won't let the media ruin our fun, will we big guy?

Anyhow, look for a fax from me Monday morning outlining the final few changes I need you to make, and just to warn you, they may involve Tim Teufell.

Love and cookies,

Itsmetsforme

ps. are we still on for volleyball on Saturday?

The Mets Cop a Freel

I wonder which hurt Ryan Freel more, the way the Mets exploited his lackadasical fielding or the tougue lashing administered by Keith Hernandez, who seemed to be taking out his Gary-frustrations on the Reds. Which reminds me, during forced games of volleyball (a fairy sport if there ever was one, badmittons muscular cousin), my junior high gym teacher, Mr Murgo, an asshole with a glass eye, used to scream: "Hit it to (student name here)" in an attempt to humiliate us. The real humiliation, had we known, was probably that he was watching us dress with his one good eye. But I digress. That's what Freel probably felt like yesterday. And Murgo, if you're out there, I'll kick your 70 yr old ass for free pallie, just drop me a line. Anyhow I think Marge Schott must have keyed Keith's car at some point.





* Title on loan from Cver, of Cver's Midnight Oil Daycare SleepAway Camp for Children!

3 Comments:

  • At 12:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Why don't you a cver get a room?

     
  • At 2:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey, I heard that:)

     
  • At 6:41 PM, Blogger I.M. Forme said…

    don't worry constzsa there's plenty of IMFM to go around!

    By the way if either of you are interested in guest blogging in the next three weeks, email me!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
This blog is meant completely and entirely in jest, unless you count the angst, and is not meant to offend anyone, unless you are a Br*ves fan. It's not affiliated with Sterling, the Mets, common sense, good taste, or anything really.