It's Mets For Me: Off-Beat, Tangentially Relevant Mets Ruminations

Off Base Since 2005! Mets commentary from the counter-intuitive to the unintuitive and all the intuitives in between. ** "Through the use of humor and gross inaccuracy...a certain truth can be gained." Rob Perri ** (pester me at:itsmetsforme@gmail.com or follow me @itsmetsforme on twitter)

Friday, February 17, 2006

IMFM: Exclusive

LoDuca Shoes Arrive in Camp On-Time












Paul LoDuco, pictured here with Mets celebrity spring-camper Henry Rollins, carries his new shoes into Mets training camp, go here for picture.

Sports Illustrated is reporting newly acquired Paul LoDuca's fondness for the two-hole. According to the SI report:
"Whenever you want to go, you go,'' Lo Duca said. "I'm the guy that's going to move guys over, bunt guys over, whatever it takes. Especially on this team if I hit in the two-hole. I don't care where I hit as long as I'm in the lineup every day. I've hit in the two-hole a lot, so I'm comfortable in that position.''

How the hell's that gonna work, you ask? Can the tennis ball machine help Beltran jump over the new Italian backstop?

Team officials are tight-lipped about their plans, but on location here in Taiwan, I was able to secure a picture, snapping a quick shot during a Nike factory tour with my cell phone when my handlers were distracted by the 8 year old girl caught in the lacing machine that manufactures the new Kobe Bryant "Mambo."

The shoe, which Nike plans to market as the "Loducinator," should reach stores in time for Christmas.

2 Comments:

  • At 7:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    See, that's comedy, that's funny stuff, good work man.

     
  • At 12:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi,
    I wanted to see if I could send you an email regarding a movie for which I'm doing PR. The film is called "Game6" and the background of the movie is set during Game 6 of the 1986 World Series.

    Thanks!
    Krissie
    Krissie@takeoutMarketing.com

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
This blog is meant completely and entirely in jest, unless you count the angst, and is not meant to offend anyone, unless you are a Br*ves fan. It's not affiliated with Sterling, the Mets, common sense, good taste, or anything really.