It's Mets For Me: Off-Beat, Tangentially Relevant Mets Ruminations

Off Base Since 2005! Mets commentary from the counter-intuitive to the unintuitive and all the intuitives in between. ** "Through the use of humor and gross inaccuracy...a certain truth can be gained." Rob Perri ** (pester me at:itsmetsforme@gmail.com or follow me @itsmetsforme on twitter)

Saturday, December 10, 2005

Sing Along: Me You and Julio Down by the Graveyard








Metsfans are clamoring to know, hey, what does IMFM think of the Julio Franco signing? Here's what i thought about Julio, from a previous post. A definite upgrade in the quest to find back-ups who can buy booze for the rest of the team, in the proud tradition of the Big Cat, Ice, Olderman...but I must resist the easy age jokes. In fact there is something far more insidious going on here...and I feel a song stirring in my breast...

with apologies to Paul Simon:

The Omar tomb-raider rolled out of bed, and he dialed his cell with some elation. When Daddy Wilpon found out, he began to shout, and he started the investigation. It's against the law, it was against the law. What the Omar reanimated, it was against the law.

The Omar looks down and digs in the ground ev'ry time "bench role" gets mentioned. The Omar say "Oy, if I get that boy I'm gonna stick him in Willie's house of anal-retention."

Undead in Shea, I don't know where we're goin',
Dig up "Say Hey,"* and stick him in center, cause I just don't care.

Goodbye to Menky, and the Ball on Loaner.
See you, me and Julio down by the Graveyard
See you, me and Julio down by the Graveyard

Now everybody raves about the of signing ex-Br*ves,
But the corpses all started to reek. And when the veteran-signs all end up released, We's all on the cover of Newsday.

Well, Piazza's not gay, I don't know where we're goin' ...
Dig up "Say Hey," and stick him in center, cause I just don't care.

Goodbye to Menky, and the Ball on Loana,
See you, me and Julio down by the graveyard
See you, me and Julio down by the ballyard
See you, me and Julio down by the ballyard









* ok, ok , i know he's still alive, but it rhymes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
This blog is meant completely and entirely in jest, unless you count the angst, and is not meant to offend anyone, unless you are a Br*ves fan. It's not affiliated with Sterling, the Mets, common sense, good taste, or anything really.