It's Mets For Me: Off-Beat, Tangentially Relevant Mets Ruminations

Off Base Since 2005! Mets commentary from the counter-intuitive to the unintuitive and all the intuitives in between. ** "Through the use of humor and gross inaccuracy...a certain truth can be gained." Rob Perri ** (pester me at:itsmetsforme@gmail.com or follow me @itsmetsforme on twitter)

Saturday, October 01, 2005

Thanks: To Me

Reader… (with apologies to M. Cerrone)

A month ago this site sported roughly 2 readers. Today, it’s boasts 3 or 4, and, on the days when my Aunt is off her medication, you could say 4 and a half. Through this blog, I have not been able to talk with players, coaches, managers, or learn anything at all from of my favorite writers, or have casual sex with experts who I’ve long admired; Klapish won't return my calls to his home number...I’ve done no interviews nor been interviewed, but there really isn't much to be done on the Mets that isn't already done to death by every Melvin with a mancrush on Steve Trachsel and a modem…

The thing is, most of it is possible without you logging on…

And I can’t thank you all enough for making me your last stop every month for Mets nonsense, which you could really come up with on your own without me, especially if you develop a drinking problem and or multiple personalities, which has worked for me…

I have a good idea idea what the future holds for this website, for me, personally and professionally, but no matter what transpires I will probably forget immediately what you’ve inspired me to accomplish. Especially you Metstradamus, for being funnier than me and winning all the awards, when I myself have trouble finding my own blog most days.

So, from the bottom of my heart, thank you…
Itsmetsforme

5 Comments:

  • At 8:47 PM, Blogger I.M. Forme said…

    Wild Duck, thanks for your comment--it's sage advice--but the post was a lame attempt at satire. I was just teasing the other two sites, which i think are among the best out there, in a light hearted, free and easy way.

    But being witty intelligent and funny, and handsome and sexy, as you point out that I am, is hard work.

    As for the number of posts that you would see on a real blog,the problem is, i can only post when I'm sober, so...

    just love me, dammit.

     
  • At 6:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Speaking for all of your readers -- i.e., myself -- I love you, man.

    If you need more volume/witticism, I'd be glad to contribute the random misfirings of my mind to your blog.

     
  • At 8:58 AM, Blogger I.M. Forme said…

    Andrew--
    If you want to guest blog or whatever in this up-coming hot stove season, send something to me, and if its good, er bad, enough, i'll stick it on my stupid blog. Then maybe we can add your family and Aunt Betty, etc. to the readership. Otherwise post whatever you damn well like as usual.

    putzecandleback@yahoo.com

    And don't worry, i dont do criminal background checks.

     
  • At 10:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey, hey, now, they found me innocent of the attempted murder of Steve Phillips and country music star Clint Black. There was no evidence! None I say!

     
  • At 7:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Cerrone's an ass kissing, generic, BS artist. Him and his "buzz" can go crawl up Bob Klapich's ass and stay there. Thanks.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
This blog is meant completely and entirely in jest, unless you count the angst, and is not meant to offend anyone, unless you are a Br*ves fan. It's not affiliated with Sterling, the Mets, common sense, good taste, or anything really.