It's Mets For Me: Off-Beat, Tangentially Relevant Mets Ruminations

Off Base Since 2005! Mets commentary from the counter-intuitive to the unintuitive and all the intuitives in between. ** "Through the use of humor and gross inaccuracy...a certain truth can be gained." Rob Perri ** (pester me at:itsmetsforme@gmail.com or follow me @itsmetsforme on twitter)

Monday, August 29, 2005

Ask Mrs. Benson!




Q: Mrs. Benson, what hand do you like better: AK off suit, or a pair of 6's? And what is the best curse word to get your point across at the poker table?
-submitted by Phil Ivey

A: Hmmm, card games, I'm afraid I can't be of much help there. I'm sure, Mr. Ivey, you can fend for yourself. Maybe you thought this was the Ricky Henderson or Bobby Bonnila column?

As for curse words, Kris and I don't use them. Unless you include the ones when Kris and I play "Pirates" or when I say "**** me ******, you little *****." Sometimes Kris likes to text message me from the dugout when he gets a hit, and he'll call me his sweet ****** ***. But at the game table, I try to refrain from such vulgarities. However when I was an exotic dancer, I often had to fend off unwanted advances. In those situations, I find that " **** my ****, you ****** *******" works pretty well for me. Good luck, Phil.
best wishes,
Anna

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
This blog is meant completely and entirely in jest, unless you count the angst, and is not meant to offend anyone, unless you are a Br*ves fan. It's not affiliated with Sterling, the Mets, common sense, good taste, or anything really.